Two Pack – Purathane Matt, Satin & Goss – 5 Litres
TWO PACK URETHANE COATINGS PURATHANE
- MATT, SATIN &GLOSS 5 LITRES
- URETHANE COATINGS PURATHANE TWO PACK MATT, SATIN & GLOSS is two component water borne polyurethane finish developed to provide your commercial timber and parquetry floors with extremely hardwearing and long lasting protection. The rapid curing of PURATHANE TWO PACK MATT, SATIN & GLOSS achieves optimal hardness up to 50% faster than single pack water borne polyurethane and higher solids provide greater resistance to wear.
- Because water is used as the alternative carrier to solvent, URETHANE COATINGS PURATHANE GLOSS emits low VOC’S (volatile organic compounds) and is therefore user and environmentally friendly but retains all the durable and hard wearing benefits of solvent based polyurethane.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.urethanecoatings.com.au/water-purathane-twopack-gloss.php
- Shake each container for one minute and allow each to stand for two minutes, then Mix PURATHANE PART B (BASE) and PURATHANE PART A (HARDENER) at a ratio of 10 to 1 and thoroughly stir, then allow the mixture to stand for two minutes. Always add PURATHANE PART A (HARDENER) to PURATHANE PART B (BASE). Mixed PURATHANE TWO PACK has a pot life of 2 hours (@ 25ºC and 50% R.H.). Smaller mixtures (< 2 Litres) and increased temperature and/or reduced humidity will reduce pot life
Touch dry: 40 minutes. Through Dry: 2 hours. Sanding & Recoat: 2 hours 30 minutes (Without sanding recoat in 90 to 120 minutes). All drying times are @ 25ºC and 50% relative humidity. Reduced temperature and/or increased humidity can delay drying time.
10m² per Litre.
APPLICATION METHOD: 3 Coat System
1st Coat. Decant PURASEAL directly from the container. Cut in edges with a paint edger or brush, taking care not to proceed excessively ahead of the main coating (particularly in hot and/or dry conditions). Apply PURASEAL at the rate of 10m² per Litre with a 10mm nap waterbased type roller cover or a waterbased applicator, disperse into a uniform finish taking care not to ‘overwork the coating’ allowing it to self level, and wherever possible, finish parallel with the grain. Allow 1.5 to 2 hours to dry (@ 25ºC and 50% R.H.) and prepare to recoat. Do not return unused material to the container.
It is not necessary to fine sand or buff PURASEAL unless surface imperfections or raised grain exist – if so allow 3 hours to dry and then buff with 150 grit screen back (or finer), taking extreme care not to cut through the PURASEAL as this will allow the next coat to ‘wet’ the timber which may dry a slightly different colour.
2nd Coat. Decant PURATHANE directly from the container. Cut in edges with a paint edger or brush, taking care not to proceed excessively ahead of the main coating (particularly in hot and/or dry conditions). Apply PURATHANE at the rate of 10m² per Litre with a 10mm nap waterbased type roller cover or a waterbased applicator, disperse into a uniform finish taking care not to ‘overwork the coating’ allowing it to self level, and finish wherever possible parallel with the grain. Allow 2 hours 30 minutes to dry (@ 25ºC and 50% R.H.) and buff with 150 grit screen back, vacuum thoroughly and prepare to recoat. Do not return unused material to the container.
3rd Coat. Repeat directions as detailed under 2nd Coat, finishing parallel with the grain. Allow 8 hours to dry (@ 25ºC and 50% R.H.) before providing access for light foot traffic.
Do not apply PURATHANE when ambient/surface temperature is below 10ºC or above 30ºC.
Do not apply PURATHANE if relative humidity is in excess of 85%.
Do not apply PURATHANE if the moisture content of timber is in excess of 14%.
PURATHANE is suitable for sanding after 2hours 30 minutes drying (@ 25ºC and 50% R.H.). A good indication that PURTHANE is sufficiently dry is when light sanding using a 150 grit screen back or buffing pad, produces a fine white powder.
This product is guaranteed against defective materials and workmanship for a period of one year, form the date of original purchase. Fair wear and tear excepted, warranty does not apply for consumable parts or products.